We are primarily a Software Development agency specializing in building high-scale cloud-native SaaS and enterprise applications. Our customers range from startups to large publicly-listed enterprises across the US and Europe.
We are looking for a self-starting, detail-oriented software infrastructure professional to join our Platform Engineering team to help us build a scalable, flexible, easy-to-use cloud-native deployment platform to enable the developers to deploy, test, and debug their applications on the cloud without them having to learn complex infrastructure tools. An ideal candidate enjoys automating tasks, puts high emphasis on reusability, and loves to learn and experiment with cutting-edge infrastructure tools.
Objectives of this Role
- Model large, complex systems on top of modern cloud utilizing tools like Docker, Kubernetes and Helm, so that they are performant, cost-effective, scalable, and possibly without platform lock-in.
- Practice Configuration as Code when creating all the infrastructure using Terraform, Ansible and GitOps tools like FluxCD.
- Deploy extensive monitoring and alerting on application and infrastructure level to ensure near-100% uptime.
- Design secure infrastructure by practicing the Principle of Least Privilege.
- Ensure that the application code and data are protected from internal and external agents as well as human errors.
- Learn, practice and master the DevSecOps mindset yourself, and help others level up in the same.
- Plan, create, and maintain CI/CD Pipelines for various services.
- Containerize services and workloads efficiently, and deploy them on large-scale using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Constantly look for opportunities to optimize the current infrastructure in terms of efficiency and cost.
- Monitor existing services for uptime, error rates or any anomaly, and work closely with the development teams to address any issues you discover.
- Make sure all of our servers running on AWS, GCP, and DigitalOcean are up-to-date and secure.
- Write documentation/guide for developers on how to utilize the tools/infrastructure that you build.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to pre-conceive and address things that could go wrong in the system design before they do
- Excellent grasp of cloud-native infrastructure concepts and tools
- Containers and Orchestrators: Docker, Kubernetes
- Continuous Delivery: FluxCD, Github Actions, Gitlab CI, Concourse CI
- Config as Code: GitOps/FluxCD, Terraform, Ansible
- Great eye for details
- Strong understanding of networks, protocols, and computers in general, and ability to model complex systems
- Strong written and verbal communication
0-3 years of relevant experience